The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
- “GMRI” means Gillies McIndoe Research Institute, a registered charitable trust.
- The “user” means any user of this website.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand. By using this website you acknowledge that you are bound by these terms and conditions under New Zealand law.
GMRI will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
GMRI respects the privacy of all donors, supporters and users of the website and the following terms set out how GMRI may collect, store, use and disclose private information provided by users.
- GMRI may collect private information from users (including, but not confined to the name of a user’s business or organisation, personal names, postal address, phone number and email address). Users may choose not to disclose private information to GMRI.
- When users visit this website GMRI may use procedures and tools to collect information about a visit such as the user’s internet protocol address and domain name, the date, time and duration of any visit, what was viewed, and the operating system and browser used by the user.
- If users provide GMRI with an email address GMRI may email news and other information to such users. Users not wishing to receive such emails should say so. On request GMRI will delete an email address from its records.
- GMRI will not sell or in any way part with private information to third parties unless required by law.
GMRI holds all copyright and other intellectual property rights in connection with this website. Users may use the information on this website for personal purposes only.
Users must obtain written permission from GMRI before using any information on this website for commercial or other non-personal purposes.
This website may contain hypertext links to websites and portals not operated by GMRI. Users link to other websites at their own risk. GMRI is not responsible for the content on websites users may link to and nor does GMRI endorse or claim any association with such websites. GMRI reserves the right to prohibit links to this website and may require users to remove or stop any link to this website.
When making a donation users may provide GMRI with private and personal information such as credit card details so that the donation can be processed. GMRI will only use the credit card information to complete the payment of the donation. Donors’ contact information will be retained by GMRI so that further donation opportunities can be communicated.
Disclaimer of Liability
GMRI will not be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss or damage users suffer, directly or otherwise as a result of use of this website or any linked website. Users use this website and rely on information contained in it entirely at their own risk. This disclaimer and limitation of liability applies only as allowed by law.
GMRI does not guarantee that this website is free of viruses or other harmful items. Access to the website may be unavailable or terminated at any time and no liability is accepted by GMRI for lack of access, viruses and other defects in connection with this website.
Changes To These Terms and Conditions
GMRI has the right to amend these terms and conditions. In the event that these terms and conditions are changed a new set of terms and conditions headed “Amended Terms and Conditions” will be posted to this website and it is the user’s responsibility to read the amended terms and conditions and abide by them. By continuing to use the website after amended terms and conditions are posted users acknowledge they are bound by them.
Changes To This Website
GMRI may change the content of this website at any time.